Question: Do I Need Email Advising or an Advising Appointment?
(1) If you need to request permission for class registration, use Email Advising.
(2) If you need to need to discuss options, download the requirements (See 2. A-D below), then make an Appointment.
Accounting Advising Hours for Spring 2021
- All advising-related email correspondence should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include your Hunter ID # in the subject line of all emails.
- Please state the reason you need help from an advisor; include a screenshot of any error messages to help explain your issue.
- Advising emails are answered (in rotation) by Professor Yuan Judy Yin, Professor Kevin Sachs, and Professor Michelle Liu.
- Appointments are available as follows for Spring 2021 (Ending May 18, 2021):
|Days Available||Advising Hours||Advisor||Zoom or EAB Navigate Link|
|Mondays*||4:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m.||Yuan Judy Yin||Schedule Appointment at: https://hunter.cuny.edu/navigate/students|
|Tuesdays#||3:45 p.m.-5:15 p.m.||Yuan Judy Yin||Schedule Appointment at: https://hunter.cuny.edu/navigate/students|
|Tuesdays#||4:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.||Kevin Sachs||Zoom Link:
|Thursdays||1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.||Michelle Liu||
Schedule Appointment at: https://hunter.cuny.edu/navigate/students
Advising is cancelled on school holidays and:
How Should You Prepare for an Advising Appointment?
1. Do you know your major declaration date? If not, you can obtain this information in any of the following ways:
- Option #1: Log into CUNY First, request your unofficial transcript (it takes a few seconds), and look for the semester heading with your major declared (in bold),
- Option #2: Log into EAB Navigate; in some cases, the “Major History” shows the semester you declared the major,
- Option #3: Log into Degreeworks, scroll to the “Major in Accounting” blue heading (8th blue heading), and the Catalog Year will show the school year you declared the major.
2. Have you reviewed the “Requirements for Hunter Students Declaring the Accounting Major” for your specific declaration date? This is also listed in Degreeworks.
3. Make a list of questions for your appointment.
- Consult the Hunter website to see if any relevant information is available.
- Since some issues may require your advisor to look into, consider sending the questions to the advisor ahead of the appointment; this allows the advisor to make inquiries, if necessary.
- Take notes during your meeting so that you can follow-up on any outstanding questions.
4. Have you completed the following 3 sequences of classes? (For Those Declaring Summer 2019 to Present; All Others Should Consult the Requirements in 2. Above)
(1) MATH 10100. (This is required for ECO 20000, ECO 20100, and MATH 12550.)
(2) ECO 10000. (After ECO 10000 and MATH 10100, take ECO 20000).
(3) ACC 27100. (After completing the sequence ACC 27100, ACC 27200, and ACCP 37100, take the next group of classes together: ACCP 372000, 37300, and ACCP 37400.
5. For information about repeating a course, see the catalog here.
6. More tips are coming soon!
To Declare A Major:
(1) Read the requirements here.
(2) Go to the Major page here, and under “How to declare your major”, click the form link under 1.
(3) Login to the Qualtrics page with your Hunter Net ID and password.