Wednesday, September 26th – Wednesday, December 12th
|Kevin Sachs||1548 HW||Mondays 3:00 – 4:45 PM
Wednesdays 3:00 – 4:45 PM
Thursdays 4:00 – 7:30 PM
|Fatma Cebenoyan||1521 HW||Tuesdays 4:00 – 7:00 PM|
|1542 HW||Wednesdays 4:00 – 7:00 PM|
There will be no advising on Monday, October 8th and on Thursday, November 22nd.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Professor Sachs’ advising hours on Thursday, October 4th will be from 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
PLEASE DIRECT ALL ADVISING-RELATED EMAIL CORRESPONDENCE TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
As of Fall 2017, the following Accounting courses, which used to have ACC prefixes, will now have ACCP prefixes: ACCP 371, 372, 373, 374, 380, 471, 472, 473, 475, 476, 480, 490. ACC 271, 272, and 280 will still have the ACC prefix, as before.
- For the full list of requirements please follow the link here or the alternative link here.
- All Accounting majors are required to take MATH 150, Calculus and Analytic Geometry.
- Prerequisites: MATH 101 (College Algebra) and MATH 125 (Precalculus).Please see an advisor in the Math Department (9th floor HE) to be evaluated with respect to where to begin your Math sequence.
- Please note: the following courses do NOT count towards the Accounting major: ECO 100, ECO 233, ECO 295XX (including ECO 29560 – Entrepreneurship), ECO 296, ACC 225, and ACC 230.
- Accounting majors who declared their major prior to fall 2016 are required to maintain a major GPA of at least 2.0 (C). This GPA is for ACC 271, ACC 272, ACCP 371, ACCP 372, ACCP 373, ACCP 374, ACCP 471, ACCP 472, ACCP 473, and ACCP 475. If you repeat courses, all attempted grades (except “F”s) count towards this GPA. F grades count until a course is repeated and passed.
- Accounting majors who declared their major in fall 2016 or later are required to maintain a major GPA of at least 2.3 (C+). This GPA is for ACC 271, ACC 272, ACCP 371, ACCP 372, ACCP 373, ACCP 374, ACCP 471, ACCP 472, ACCP 473, ACCP 475 and ACCP 490. If you repeat courses, all attempted grades (except “F”s) count towards this GPA. F grades count until a course is repeated and passed.
- Accounting majors who declared their major in fall 2016 or later are subject to the following new rule: Students who receive a grade of “D” or lower in any of the eleven required Accounting courses in the Professional Studies Requirement will be allowed to repeat the course only once. In total, students may repeat no more than three Accounting courses for which they received a grade of “D” or lower. Students who exceed this allowed number of course repeats will be dismissed from the BS program in Accounting. Students who declared their Accounting major before fall 2016 will not be subject to this new rule. However for these students, we will be less inclined to approve course repeats when these limits have been exceeded.
- Once you have passed ACC 271, ACC 272 and ACCP 371 with a grade of C or better, you may then take ACCP 372, ACCP 373 and ACCP 374.
- Once you have passed ACCP 372 with a grade of C or better, in addition to ACCP 373 and ACCP 374 you may also take ACCP 471, ACCP 472, ACCP 475, (ACCP 471 is a co-requisite to this course) and ACCP 490 (ACCP 471 and ACCP 475 are co-requisites).
- Once you pass both ACCP 372 and ACCP 373 with a grade of C or better, you may then take ACCP 473.
- Under certain circumstances, the Department may grant permission to take ACCP 473 with or before you take ACCP 373. The department will decide whether to grant such permission based on your academic performance in Accounting classes previously taken at Hunter. No exceptions will be made to this rule.
- All degree audit applications are now done online. There are no more DAAF forms. To learn about the new procedures for applying for graduation, please go to following link here.
- To declare your Accounting Major please print and follow the instructions in the major declaration form.
- To declare your Accounting Minor please print and follow the instructions in the minor declaration form.
OR Go to the Registrar (217 N) and obtain a major declaration form.
Once you have obtained the form,
1) Fill out the form to the best of your ability. That includes signing and dating the bottom and also the info required along the side of the page. 2) Bring your completed form to the Economics Dept. office (1524 W) and drop it off. 3) Come back a week later to pick up the form which, by then, we will have signed and stamped. 4) Bring the signed and stamped form back to the Registrar.