The accelerated B.A./M.A. in Economics offers students at Hunter College the opportunity to earn both B.A. and M.A. degrees in the same time that it takes to earn a B.A. degree alone.
- The degree program consists of a minimum of 120 credits, of which:
- at least 90 are undergraduate credits and
- at least 30 are graduate credits.
- Students who wish to declare the BA/MA major must have a 3.0 average in Economics and in the cumulative index.
- A more detailed explanation of the prerequisites is given on the Prerequisites for Major page.
Students are encouraged to apply by:
- consulting with the Director of Graduate Studies, Professor Randall Filer, and
- submitting an Undergraduate Major-Minor Approval form, which is available from the Registrar’s office.
Financial aid is available. Students should consult the financial aid office and the department concerning work opportunities and aid.