Hunter College City University of New York offers a cutting-edge master’s program in accounting, taught by a distinguished faculty known for:
- publishing in leading academic journals,
- real-world accounting experience in public accounting, taxation, research, cutting-edge big data and technology experience and
- professional and industry connections in New York City and throughout the United States.
What makes this master’s program different?
- Classes are held weekday evenings and can be completed over one academic year.
- Graduates are equipped with the latest advancements in accounting standards (U.S. GAAP and IFRS), research methodologies, statistical and analytical skills necessary for the ever-changing accounting profession.
- Hunter students have interned, for example, at the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the “Big 4” accounting firms.
This is an opportunity to spend a year living in the financial capital of the world, New York City, and studying at a renowned public university, while making important professional connections at the leading accounting and finance firms, standard setting and regulatory bodies that govern the accounting profession and capital markets.
Why further your studies in accounting?
- You will receive intensive training in accounting research, taxation, auditing, ethics and communication.
- The goal of the program is to increase the students’ technical competency in the accounting field while enhancing their skills in critical thinking, problem solving as well as communication and ethical decision making.
- Learn the latest technology and big data skills that are necessary for accountants to know to succeed in the ever evolving business environment
Why study accounting at Hunter?
- Hunter College is a senior college in the City University of New York, the largest urban university in the US. The campus is located on the upper east side of Manhattan.
- Hunter’s accounting professors are accomplished academics with a broad range of specializations and professional experience. Professors have extensive work experience at public accounting firms, Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and the New York State Tax Department.
- Our professors sit on advisory committees at the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB), and New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA).
- Recent graduates have joined the Big 4 and other accounting firms, consulting firms, non-profit organizations and government agencies.
- Classes are held in the evenings so that students can pursue internships/employment and other professional networking during the day
- Hunter College offers incredible value for money – a top-notch education from a highly-regarded institution without the price tag.
- To learn more about the program and admission requirement, visit http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/graduate-programs/accounting/index.html
- To communicate directly with faculty, current students, or recent graduates, email Professor Christine Tan (firstname.lastname@example.org)