The Hunter Gateway to Professional Accounting Success program began in the summer of 2015 and is a joint program with the
- B.S. program in Accounting,
- the Department of Economics,
- the Hunter College Career Development Services Center, and
- the Cooperman Pre-Business Center
Applications are accepted every Spring. For Spring 2020, the dates were as follows:
- March 2020: Information session to be held
- April 1, 2020: Students should send requests for letters of recommendation to accounting professors.
- May 1, 2020: Applications are due
- May 30, 2020: Finalists are notified
- First Week of June 2020: Finalist interviews are held
Admission into the Gateway program is competitive and is based on:
- a major and cumulative G.P.A. of 3.3,
- a recommendation letter from one Hunter Accounting professor,
- a 250-word application essay,
- submission of a resume/C.V. in .doc and .pdf format, and
- participation in Hunter Accounting Society events.
Each spring, a committee selects approximately twenty students to participate in summer sessions.
- These sessions focus on providing individualized guidance in technical data skills, interviewing, teamwork, and professional behavior.
- In the past, three of the “Big Four” accounting firms, as well as other notable firms, have participated in this program.
- Students who successfully complete the program’s sessions will have the opportunity to be considered by these firms for future employment.
To read about the previous program in the summer of 2019, click here.