B.A. in Economics
The Department of Economics and Accounting offers a B.A. in Economics requiring a minimum of 33 credits for the major. Coursework consists of:
- a math sequence (0-13 credits),
- required economics courses (21 credits), and
- elective economics courses (12 credits).
Sample Degree Map for B.A. in Economics (as of Fall 2019)
- To check concerning your particular situation, contact Advising for economics at firstname.lastname@example.org .
|Freshman Year||Sophomore Year|
|ENGL 120||ENGL 220||ECO 201||ECO 300|
|MATH 125||MATH 152||ECO 221||Hunter College Requirement|
|ECO 100||ECO 200||Foreign Language||Foreign Language|
|Foreign Language||Foreign Language||Hunter College Requirement||Hunter College Requirement|
|Hunter College Requirement||Hunter College Requirement||Elective||ECO 200/300/400 Elective|
|Junior Year||Senior Year|
|ECO 301||ECO 321||ECO 200/300/400 Elective||ECO 400 Capstone|
|ECO 200/300/400 Elective||ECO 200/300/400 Elective||Elective||Elective|
|Hunter College Requirement||Elective||Elective||Elective|
For more information on courses, see the B.A. in Economics in the Hunter Catalog.
Minor in Economics
- The economics minor consists of a minimum of 12 credits, including ECO 20000 – Principles of Microeconomics , ECO 20100 – Principles of Macroeconomics and two other courses in economics.
- Accounting and business law courses do not count towards the economics minor.
- For more information, see the Minor in Economics in the Hunter Catalog.
For more information on departmental honors, see the Hunter Catalog.