1/24/21. In the Summer of 2020, Hunter offered, for the first time ever, an Accounting “Boot Camp” for Hunter prospective M.S. in Accounting students. This summer program was a way for students lacking the pre-requisite accounting course work to become prepared for accounting courses (and to meet the eligibility requirements for the Certified Public Account exam); it was designed specifically for students with non-accounting backgrounds. Hunter streamlined four accounting courses into two accounting courses.

Hunter Student Dominique Cachia described her experience:

“I highly recommend the accounting bootcamp for anyone who is trying to make a career change into public accounting. During the summer, I was able to take all the prerequisites for classes that employers were looking for, such as tax and audit. Thanks to this program, I was able to get a job at KPMG. The professors really care about their students, and several professors helped me prepare for interviews and helped me learn the skills recruiters were looking for.”

For more information about the Accounting “Boot Camp” for summer 2021, contact Professor Christine Tan at ct1222@hunter.cuny.edu

Categories: News